1. A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
2. On the day of his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. had a pillow-fight in his motel room.
3. The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We’re all made of star dust.
4. Penguins only have one mate their entire life and “propose” by giving their mate a pebble.
5. Cows have best friends.
6. Cuddling releases Oxytocin which helps speed healing and recovery from physical wounds.
7. Otters hold hands when sleeping so they don’t drift away from each other.
8. There’s a type of jellyfish that lives forever.
9. The clitoris has 8000 nerve fibres, double that of the penis, and is the only organ in the body, which has evolved purely for pleasure.
10. Every year the Netherlands sends 20,000 tulip bulbs to Canada to thank them for their aid in the Second World War.
11. Rats giggle when you tickle them. Their voices are so high-pitched you need special equipment to hear them, but when you do, their laughs are immediately evident.
12. If you say “my cocaine” you sound like Michael Caine saying his own name.
13. Male puppies, when playing with female puppies, will intentionally let the female win.
14. There are people, ombrophiles, who have a passionate love for rain.
15. A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
16. Aside from a sample in a lab, Smallpox is completely extinct. No one else will ever die from it again.
17. A pig’s orgasms last thirty minutes.
18. Sloths only leave their tree once a week, to pee and poo.
19. Cows produce the most milk when listening to the song Everybody Hurts by REM.
20. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
21. Baby rabbits are called kittens.
22. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
23. Worms communicate by snuggling.